Energy Efficiency Project and Corporate Finance
- Served as financial advisor to TurboTech Precision Engineering Pvt. Ltd, a Bangalore, India based manufacturer of small steam and gas turbines, to (i) raise corporate equity capital, and (ii) plan and raise project financing for an ESCO subsidiary. Corporate investment commitment for $2.5 million obtained from multi-national venture capital investor. (2007/08)
- Served as financial advisor and procurement agent to utility subsidiary, Central Hudson Enterprises Corp., to procure and manage tax-exempt lease/purchase financing for $1.8 million energy efficiency project for a public school district in New York.
- Structured and placed tax-exempt revenue bond financing for $1.5 million hospital energy efficiency project in Pennsylvania developed by Puget Energy Services, Inc.
- Served as financial advisor to a major utility/energy services company (Demand Management Company, now a Honeywell subsidiary) to design, structure and negotiate utility demand side management program and contract with investor-owned utility. Utility contract executed on 6/94.
- Served as financial advisor to negotiate and complete financing arrangements with utility subsidiary, Public Service Conservation Resources Corp., for this program. Financing closed on 4/95.
- Served as financial advisor, subcontracted via HB Capital, Inc., to publicly-held Indian electronics manufacturer, Asian Electronics Ltd., on planning and arranging financing for its energy efficiency services division. Financing closed for $5 million corporate equity investment and $17 million debt facility on 8/97.
- Served as financial advisor to national electric utility of Croatia, Hrvatska Elektroprivreda, to develop a utility-based ESCO. This work included preparation of the business plan, complete corporate and project-level financial projections, development of initial projects, preparation of applications for an approximately $7 million GEF grant and an approximately $5 million World Bank loan, arrangement of local commercial bank debt facilities and equity investment from the parent utility, and recruitment of a strategic international ESCO partner. (1999-2002)